Our aim is to achieve the highest quality day care provision for children and their families, enabling individual children to develop to their full potential within a safe, caring and happy environment.
To achieve this, we will:
- Provide a home from home environment by understanding and developing programmes reflecting the needs of the individual child.
- Offer a wealth of opportunities for children to explore and learn in a safe environment.
- Have a flexible approach to planning activities to enable the learning experiences to be adapted, extended and child initiated.
- Offer a nutritious and balanced diet, tailored to individual needs.
- Encourage a relaxed sociable mealtime to promote healthy eating.
Learning through play
We feel that building upon the knowledge that children have already gained is vital to how we plan and implement our structure and provision of activities. We use this pre-learning to design to have a flexible approach which enables future learning to be adapted, extended and child initiated to suit the individual needs of all children. Our team work closely with the children to encourage all aspects of development, with consideration to the needs of each individual child.
With a vast range of equipment and resources, Woodhouse enables children to explore, play and learn within a safe, supportive environment.
Woodhouse Day Nursery promotes a non-discriminatory approach to learning which is reflected in the resources, equipment and activities planned for the children. The rooms are designed to accommodate different types of learning. Using the space effectively provides many opportunities for alternative activities.